If I have questions about the Lafayette Theatre Academy, who can I contact?
If you have any questions or concerns about LTA that are not answered here, please contact our Program Coordinator, Amy McDow.
When is registration?
Registration for the LTA is open year-round.
What is the process for signing up for classes?
You can sign up ANYTIME by coming to the LSPA main office to get a registration packet or download the packet from our website. Return your registration and $35 fee to the LSPA main office in person or by mailing it to: 214 Bull Street, LaGrange, GA 30240.
When does LTA meet?
Weekly classes are available for our 1st-6th graders on Tuesday afternoons.
Our 7th-12th graders have a flexible schedule of classes, performances, and workshops.
A schedule of upcoming workshops, performances, rehearsals, and other meetings for all ages of the academy can be found on our calendar.
What productions/performance opportunities will be available for my children this year?
• Fall Showcase, TBA
• Charlotte’s Web – March 2017
• End of year showcase – May 2017
Additional performances will be scheduled throughout the year as they become available.
What is the cost for tuition?
The 1st-6th grade weekly classes are $45 per month.
Workshops and special programming fees vary, depending on the activity.
There is a $35 non-refundable registration fee for all LSPA students.
What does membership in the academy include?
- Access to classes focusing on a variety of skills and techniques
- Special workshops with guest professionals
- Opportunities to perform, throughout the year, at local and regional events (auditions may be required)
- Social events designed for students of LTA
- Group trips to area productions and other events
- Joint events with the Lafayette Center for Dance, Young Singers of West Georgia, and the Lafayette Theatre Outreach Program
- The Lafayette Theatre Academy Spring Production of Charlotte’s Web in March of 2017 (auditions only open to academy students)
- End of the Year Showcase and Awards Ceremony
What payment methods are accepted?
Cash, credit, personal check
When is payment due?
The registration fee is due when signing up for the academy. Workshop fees and special event fees will be due when preregistering for an event. Monthly tuition will be due on the first business day of each month.
Do you accept volunteers?
Yes. If you are interested in volunteering with LTA or any of the LSPA affiliate organizations, please contact Kerri Vice, Executive Director of LSPA at 706.882.9909.